Scott Roger Jorgensen (born September 17, 1982) is an American mixed martial arts fighter competing in the WEC Bantamweight division and is a member of the Twisted Genetiks Fight Team based out of Boise, ID.
Scott started wrestling in 3rd grade and continued wrestling in college for Boise State University. He is a 3 time Pac-10 Champion and finished in the top 12 at the NCAA National Tournament. Scott has fought in some of the west coast's toughest shows including the X-Fighting Championships, Alaska Fighting Championships, Ring of Fire, and ShoXC.
Jorgensen has been diagnosed with vitiligo. According to Jorgensen from an interview with MMARecap.com, "Its just a pigmentation disorder that basically my immune system fights off pigment cells and loses its color."
He was scheduled to fight Rafael Rebello on September 2, 2009 at WEC 43 but Rebello was forced to withdraw due to injury. He was replaced by Noah Thomas. Jorgensen defeated Thomas via TKO in the first round.
Jorgensen is scheduled to face Antonio Banuelos on April 24, 2010 at WEC 48. Banuelos was originally scheduled to face Damacio Page, but Page was forced from the card with an injury. Banuelos/Jorgenson will be a rematch of their bout from WEC 41 which Banuelos won via split decision.
Scott has a son named Braeten.
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|17||9 wins||3 losses|
|Antonio Banuelos||WEC 48||April 24, 2010||Sacramento, California|
|Win||9-3||Chad George||Submission (Guillotine Choke)||WEC 47: Bowles vs. Cruz||March 6, 2010||1||0:31||Columbus, Ohio|
|Win||8-3||Takeya Mizugaki||Decision (Unanimous)||WEC 45: Cerrone vs. Ratcliff||December 19, 2009||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada||Won Fight of the Night Honors|
|Win||7-3||Noah Thomas||TKO (Punches)||WEC 43: Cerrone vs. Henderson||October 10, 2009||1||3:13||San Antonio, Texas|
|Loss||6-3||Antonio Banuelos||Decision (Split)||WEC 41: Brown vs. Faber II||June 7, 2009||3||5:00||Sacramento, California|
|Win||6-2||Frank Gomez||Submission (Guillotine Choke)||WEC 38: Varner vs. Cerrone||January 25, 2009||1||1:09||San Diego, California|
|Win||5-2||Kenji Osawa||Decision (Unanimous)||WEC 35: Condit vs. Miura||August 3, 2008||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Loss||4-2||Damacio Page||Decision (Unanimous)||WEC 32: Condit vs. Prater||February 13, 2008||3||5:00||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Win||4-1||Chris David||Decision (Unanimous)||ShoXC: Elite Challenger Series||July 27, 2007||3||5:00||Santa Barbara, California|
|Win||3-1||Tyler Toner||Decision (Unanimous)||ROF 29: Aftershock||April 28, 2007||3||5:00||Boulder, Colorado|
|Loss||2-1||Joe Jesser||Submission (Armbar)||ROF 26: Relentless||September 9, 2006||1||1:08||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Win||2-0||Louie Lagunsad||Submission (Heel Hook)||ROF 25: Overdrive||July 29, 2006||1||1:43||Boulder, Colorado|
|Win||1-0||Mike Morris||Submission (Armbar)||Alaska Fighting Championship 24||June 15, 2006||1||1:31||Juneau, Alaska|
- ↑ 
- ↑ WEC 43: Cerrone vs. Henderson on October 10 in San Antonio, Texas. MMAFrenzy.com (2009-01-02). Retrieved on 2009-08-29.
- ↑ Scott Jorgensen vs. Takeya Mizugaki added to "WEC 45: Cerrone vs. Ratcliff". MMAJunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-15. Retrieved on 2009-10-30.
- ↑ WEC 45 bonuses: Cerrone, Ratcliff, Jorgensen, Mizugaki share "Fight of the Night". MMAJunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-10. Retrieved on 2009-12-20.
- ↑ Scott Jorgensen vs. Chad George Announced for WEC 47. mmafrenzy.com. Retrieved on 2010-01-25.
- ↑ Jorgensen replaces injured Page, gets Banuelos rematch on WEC 48 PPV main card. mmajunkie.com (2010-03-17). Archived from the original on 2012-07-10.
- ↑ http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/8/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-23122%7C
- ↑ Fight Path: Ex-Pac 10 champ Scott Jorgensen uses MMA to feed need for competition. MMAJUNKIE.com (2009-12-10). Archived from the original on 2012-07-15. Retrieved on 2010-03-04.