Template:Infobox Wrestling event UFC 28: High Stakes was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on November 17, 2000 at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
UFC 28 marked the first UFC event to be sanctioned by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board, held under the newly formed "Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts". The new rules introduced new strict weight classes, resulting in the first UFC Super Heavyweight bout. The first UFC Bantamweight bout took place at UFC 26 in June 2000.
The event was headlined by the return of former Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture, who had relinquished his title in 1997 to pursue other interests. UFC 28 also features the first UFC appearances of Andrei Arlovski, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, Josh Barnett, and Gan McGee.
UFC 28 was the sixth straight UFC event to never see home video or DVD release, as their parent company SEG was nearing bankruptcy and almost died. UFC 28 was the last UFC event held by SEG in the US, and following UFC 29 in Japan, SEG sold the UFC to current owners Zuffa LLC.
- Earwood wins by judges decision after 2 rounds.
- Hughes wins by judges decision after 2 rounds.
- Pulver wins by knockout at :15 of Round 1.
- Arlovski wins by submission due to an armbar at :55 of Round 1.
- Barnett wins by technical knockout due to strikes at 4:34 of Round 2. To date, this has been the only Super Heavyweight bout in UFC history since the UFC adopted weight classes.
- Sobral wins by judges decision after 3 rounds.
- Couture wins by technical knockout due to strikes at 4:13 of Round 3 to become the first fighter to become UFC Heavyweight Champion a second time.